Shouldn't the fire be protected from wind in this shack?

cake_buster

Hello, I got some gameplay feedback. Here's the screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/7v4WM

I noticed a fire I made inside one of the open shacks was effected by the heavy wind in the same way as if it was out in the open. I would say this shack is really well boarded up enough to not effect the fire--or partially effect he fire.

I was definitely annoyed to see my fire go from 8 hours to 8 minutes--thought I could get away with sleeping the night there, now I'm bear food :lol:

Just my toss of wind mechanics feedback. I'm going to try out other areas to see if they are acting the same way, might update the post. I'm for sure curious if other players have noticed simular things.

That's interesting - I saw the same thing happen and posted it last month:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8859

No-one else seems to have reported it, except you, and I've not seen it since*. I suspect there's a minor bug in certain shelters that doesn't calculate the shelter factor correctly.

*Then again, I got myself killed very stupidly in that game, not long after that post, and only came back to the game last week.

I recognize that location. You are right that it happens inside the main part of the structure, but if you go inside the area under the hay shelf the fire is protected from the wind it seems. I've used that spot for about 3 days due to wind storms, going out into the blizzard long enough to get one log chopped and feed the fire, warm up, and then go back out again. I also never sleep more than 2 hours when outside during a blizzard or else my fire will go out.

That building is only semi sheltered, so you really need to be building your fire in a none windy area of it. look at your wind icon meter it tells you when your in no wind. Wind direction and wind speed will easily put out your fire if the wind is blowing on it.

By the way I just sat out a blizzard under the tail gate section in TM there is a little dug space to survive in, lucky for me the wind was blowing in the right direction, away from the entrance. My fire didn't go out once. Drank lots of hot coffee and managed to sleep for a couple hours and even rebuild the fire.

Archived