How about a 2nd rifle? Musket?

Grimm855

I understand this is a survival game and there is already a rifle but how about a flintlock musket. Longer to load, like 20 seconds, less damage and more plentiful to make ammo. Melt scrap metal on a fireplace to make the ball, craft scrap metal on the work bench to make powder, and the wad can be a piece of cloth. combine the three to make shot on the bench, and load into the rifle?

Reason why I say flintlock is because in my mind its the ideal survival weapon. Everything you need to operate the weapon you can find around in a SHTF world. the flint itself you can find on the ground and chisel it with a knife or hammer. The powder you can make with bleach and a few other homemade items, and the shot is lead... You can take a lead pipe and melt it down and form them into balls. The wad is cloth and you can find that in the game already.

Hell here is an idea. Put the rifle in the game with 1 shot. From them on you are responsible for finding items to shoot and maintaining the rifle. :)

I'd kinda like the look of the Ferguson breech loading flintlock rifle and here is a video for those intrigued:

Archived