refined Wolf Fight

vancopower

Wolf fighting went through many stages for this game and I think that there is still lot to be done.

First when fighting wolves there should be at least 2 options, do you want to escape or are you intending to kill the wolf. With that said I do not believe that the mechanic should be Option 1 click here and Option 2 click there, but for example if you want to fight the wolf start clicking the left button but be prepared to receive some heavy wounds like bites and lacerations if you want to break off the fight start clicking the right button, and receive lighter wounds, like torn clothes, So basically the trade-off here will be wolf bites if you want to damage the wolf and possibly kill it without running around and chase it across the map, or get away fast but receive some torn clothes, also the wolf can rip off your jacket, gloves, pants if you do not damage it at all. If you do not have any clothes you can not use the right button to get away.

Second as it is now the strength that player has for fighting wolves comes from the weapon used and the fatigue bar fullness, but I believe that hunger bar fullness should be included too. Starving player should not be so vigorous. In fact there should be a Bonus to fighting wolves on a full stomach as you burn calories during the fight as same as any other task, like chopping wood sleeping and so on. This would be a welcome change I believe for people who like to play stalker mode but a too tired from running away from wolves all the time

Second as it is now the strength that player has for fighting wolves comes from the weapon used and the fatigue bar fullness, but I believe that hunger bar fullness should be included too. Starving player should not be so vigorous. In fact there should be a Bonus to fighting wolves on a full stomach as you burn calories during the fight as same as any other task, like chopping wood sleeping and so on. This would be a welcome change I believe for people who like to play stalker mode but a too tired from running away from wolves all the time

I really like this idea. Fighting should be easier if you're not hungry. If I remember correctly, stamina is already a factor in wolf fights so this may already be factored in.

However, if you're attacked by a wolf, I don't think you'll have time to make a nuanced decision between fight/flee. You're just going to start hitting the wolf until you can run away. If you injure it in return, great. So I think that mechanic is fine as it is right now.

:idea:

Yes you are probably right, although I hate to chase the wolf once the battle is over but it is what it is I guess, survival hardcore at least we should have bonus when not hungry :)

I agree: chasing the wolf afterwards is really annoying. Perhaps there should be a higher chance to outright kill the silly thing if you're fighting at 100% condition, a full stomach and maxed out stamina?

Archived