Fire Burn Time Bug 9min?

pistols12

Hello,

Playing long dark tonight and I had a 4 hour fire going to keep me warm while chopping up a bear at night in the cold outside the pleasant valley outbuildings..does not sound too pleasant so far but anyways... I ran inside to drop pelt and guts then back out to find my fire was at 9 mins now? Also, no matter how much of any kind of wood I put on it changes it, its max is 9 mins. it started storming so idk if that plays into it but i should be able to add wood. also, made a new fire, same thing. wasted so much wood xD. Also, sidenote on another bug, the crates near the outbuildings outside keep respawning and I can gather infinite reclamied wood while at the out buildings. Great game by the way, looking forward to story mode and so on, cheers and thanks for fixing these!

Well like my bug was a 4 hour fire going from 4 hours to 9 mins left of time after popping in and out of the barn. At least I hope that is a bug, don't get me wrong, it should be reduced if the wind is crazy, but at a percentage of the time it has left to burn, and I'd think it depends on the wind speed if that is in calculated.

The way it works now is that if the wind picks up or changes direction and is blowing into the fire hard enough, it will make a 12 hour fire turn into a 9 min fire. And no matter how much fuel you add, it will never go over 9 min until the wind changes again. If the wind blows even harder, it will blow the fire out.

So it's not a bug, this is how it is designed. Not very realistically no. It would be nice if the wind would make the fire burn faster instead of dropping it to 9 min.

The way it works now is that if the wind picks up or changes direction and is blowing into the fire hard enough, it will make a 12 hour fire turn into a 9 min fire. And no matter how much fuel you add, it will never go over 9 min until the wind changes again. If the wind blows even harder, it will blow the fire out.

So it's not a bug, this is how it is designed. Not very realistically no. It would be nice if the wind would make the fire burn faster instead of dropping it to 9 min.

Yeah I have noticed these nasty winds, it can blow out your fire, and it does make it feel more real to me. time is to find shelter inside or if your outside or find a place out of the wind direction and re-light another fire elsewhere.

Archived