Client freeze after "Press any key ..." on Arch Linux

Falcon2_0

Interesting, I'm on Arch as well and don't have that issue.

One thing you'll need is to launch Steam like this:

LD_PRELOAD='/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1' steam

No idea if that'll fix this bug, but it'll fix another, and there's definitely an issue with a mismatch between Steam's libraries and Arch's.

If this fixes it, definitely let us know. Otherwise, perhaps someone can help more if you post the log file (using pastebin or whatever). You can find it here:

~/.config/unity3d/Hinterland/The\ Long\ Dark/Player.log

Interesting, I'm on Arch as well and don't have that issue.

One thing you'll need is to launch Steam like this:

LD_PRELOAD='/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1' steam

No idea if that'll fix this bug, but it'll fix another, and there's definitely an issue with a mismatch between Steam's libraries and Arch's.

If this fixes it, definitely let us know. Otherwise, perhaps someone can help more if you post the log file (using pastebin or whatever). You can find it here:

~/.config/unity3d/Hinterland/The\ Long\ Dark/Player.log

Thanks. That fixed it. Since you don't have that issue I was wondering what drivers you are using. I am using mesa.

EDIT: A way to make it so I can just click on the steam icon on GNOME (And I think some other things) is editing /usr/share/applications/steam.desktop with root access and editing Terminal to equal true and Exec to equal bash -c 'LD_PRELOAD='/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1' steam;$SHELL'

Nice! Glad it works for you, now. Enjoy! :)

Yeah, I also modified my steam.desktop file to launch it that way.

I'm using NVidia proprietary drivers with a GTX560. Might be why it crashed there, I suppose. Anyway, it would then have started crashing occasionally when entering or exiting a building, so that'll be avoided.

EDIT: Actually, to be precise, I did what is on https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Steam and made the Exec line:

env LD_PRELOAD='/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1' /usr/bin/steam %U

Archived