more diverse areas

sierra 117

Hi guys ive mentioned this on another post but thought i would add a new seperate thread for it.

So i think we should have more diverse/ hard to reach areas. Like narrow gaps you have to harvest some limbs to enter or caves that you need to crouch through small gap etc.

Also on the point of caves i think it would be really cool if you guys added2/3 collapsable cave locations out of a possible say 10-15 on each map. You could implement them the same way you do the hidden bunkers.

Just like the transition caves where you find a deer carcass that obv fell through from above.

Heres how they would work, so on a level snowy area your walking along and you fall through the snow it then goes to loading screen to put you in a explorable cave (with sprained ankle etc)that you need to find your way out then the game only need to spawn a gate/crevice for the cave exit.

I think this would fit in with pleasant valley and mystery lake maps.

Also would be great for gameplay/tactics if we can find the exit/ entrance to the cave before we fall through then we could go inside and collapse it on purpose to avoid the danger,or if you can trace where the weak patch is you could lure a wolf or bear onto it ,to fall through :D , then the game just needs to spawn the carcass inside the cave when you go back in you can harvest it.

Also see this being good for story mode, and i suppose for sandbox with npcs. Like you could make a random one of these caves as an npcs home/base.

So for instance one play you fall through then die trying to get out as you didnt have any torches etc, then next time or next cave you find or fall through could have an npc living in it. So you fall through the snow and wake up to some stranger standing over you with a lantern. Is this good or bad? Friend or foe?

Any other ideas for diff types of areas they could add? let me know guys

Archived