Grüße aus Zentraleuropa

Wehrwolf

Hello out there - if there is yet anybody but me.

After my first start in a blizzard, dying after 20 hours in game, I´m now walking through the cold on my 7th day in game (second in real-life).

I´m 34, living in Germany - we have no tornados, no earthquakes, no desert-heat and no icecold plains or glaciers no bears and just a few wolves...

This game is exhausting, awesome and has a gray atmosphere. Don´t care losing my social bindings (not really, but felt as if^^) - I LIKE YOUR GAME.

The options, atmosphere, emotions are great and most nearly realistic - but not as much as if it would become a "Life-Simulation" Thanks for that ;)

Some aspects I found, that I´d like to discuss, but I´m looking for the right threads for that.

Searching sth seems to become my new purpose in life :)

with regards

me from out there

P.S.

it took a while, to realize that the game has only one area, and that the options in the menu are just for different starting regions. Now after finding my way through wilderness, sometimes losing the orientation for the scales, or in bad weather I found it a good idea to paint a rudimental map :P

Welcome to the forums Wehrwolf,

Great to hear you're enjoying The Long Dark and its chilly atmosphere. No tornadoes or earthquakes in Germany? Surely this is a good thing? :)

Und wenn du auf Deutsch schreiben möchtest, gibt es auch ein deutsches Forum wo Spieler aktiv sind: viewforum.php?f=78

Herzlich willkommen!

Looking forward to seeing you around,

--Patrick

Well, just for the records:

There are (in principle) of course both tornados and earthquakes in Germany, but they're extremely rare events and also way weaker in intensity than their American counterparts. They hardly ever kill anybody and a lot of people might never experience one in their whole life. Wehrwolf thus probably wanted to express that tornados and earthquakes are nothing to be afraid of here. :)

Earthquakes for instance only occur in some parts of Germany (Oberrheingraben, Kölner Bucht) and are usually way below 5.0 Richter scale magnitude in the epicentre. Even the strongest quakes usually don't cause any damage apart from scaring people a little bit. As far as I know most of the earthquakes in Germany are in fact so weak that noone notices them at all (except geologists with seismometers).^^

More or less the same story with tornados. A particularly strong twister might destroy a few hundred square meters of wood or fields or even a few roofs once every few years, but it's extremely unlikely to ever see one in your lifetime. Tornado hunting would be a pretty boring sport over here for sure.^^

Apart from that: Welcome to the Forums, Wehrwolf. ;)

Archived