No sneaking with the bow

Raven 2010

Why can't I fire the bow well sneaking not to sound like a wining child but it makes no sense and it's made worse by the bows learning curve takes like 20 hours of game time to even come close to hiting things.

This is a topic for another day but point blank head shots missing wth :?:

• 2 weeks later...

It takes a while to get used to but you can actually hunt very effectively with the bow believe it or not. It's all about distance and the angle you're facing your prey. I crouch, approach, judge distance, uncrouch and fire. Trust me it can be done. I'd say I'm fairly good at it now (at least a lot better than I was with my first bow) and I can generally outright kill one third of the time, wound another third and miss the last third of my shots.

Now finding all the arrows that miss ... geeze not sure where I'm at with this number ;-)

Yeah the number of arrows you find siting in places you been can get a little crazy it is not that I find hunting with the bow hard it's just I see no reason for not being able to fire in stealth the only reason I can think of is balance but then again a miss is going to send the animal running I like to get the thing in to a space with few ways to run and shoot it when it's pathing AI makes it run at me EASYEST SHOT IN THE FLIPING WORLD now that that's out of the way there is something that bugs me with bolth bow and gun fail shots I can have a wolf deer ect. Right in my face and still miss ever happened to any one els I would say yes no?

• 1 month later...
Why can't I fire the bow well sneaking not to sound like a wining child but it makes no sense and it's made worse by the bows learning curve takes like 20 hours of game time to even come close to hiting things.

This is a topic for another day but point blank head shots missing wth :?:

Because the devs think it's harder for a novice to learn to fire a bow while kneeling than to learn to make their own bow?

Archived