new animal death mechanic,and wolf companion

sierra 117

I just want to give my opinion of a way for us to have a wolf friend instead of a wolf/dog companion.

How about if they added a new mechanic to animals dying, as in instead of them just dropping dead as you follow them while they bleed out. What if they lay dying for a further10/20 mins then the devs could add an option for using your hatchet/knife to end their sufferingwould have instant5-10% tool usage. For deer.

For wolves though this mechanic would maybe allow you to heal/apply bandage and antiseptic to the wolf depending on the wolves attitude,ie some would keep growling at you so you woud be taking a huge risk of it biting with the rst of the energy left to it, when you click heal option,but say one in 10 would whimper alot and allow you to heal it then its still walking very slow once you help it then you could leave a bit of meat for it.

Then after that when you go back to that area ie if you had the encounter at the derailment for instance there will be one friendly wolf in that area now, who will chase away other wolves stalking you/moving toward you, but he would then come to you looking for another piece of meat, dont have any on you? then you never know he might just go away,but let him down too many times he might turn nasty again.

I think theres alot they could do with this dying stage ,and wolf behaviours,also would be less game breaking than a dog/wolf literally following you around everywhere.

Also would add more to the appreciation of actually killing an animal to sustain you.

So let me know what you guys think.

I'm torn on this one. I can see it as a good (I like wolves) and a bad thing (the desperation of being so very alone being part of where I feel the game as being in sandbox mode)... but it is definately an interesting idea.

To take it further, though I'm still on the fence about the idea as a whole, another way to make this sort of friend may be if you keep herding deer to a wolf.

Most of them don't seem to be traveling in packs, would it then, say on the fifth time with a particular wolf, leave a bit behind for you after you herd the deer.

Eat 3/4 of the meat and guts, but leave you the hide as it's not a tasty bit anyway?

Yeah that was just a spur of the moment idea after reading another thread about wolf companion . But thats why i'd like other peoples ideas as to how this could be done or different ways to go about it. Otger than the idea of a permanent companion.

Yeah thats also a good idea :D .

Keep em coming guys

Archived