I can't walk properly anymore

BestBarb

Alas, I fear that my time with the Long Dark may have come to an end. Well at least on this laptop :cry: Since the last update and inclusion of Desolation Point, I can no longer walk at a normal speed. I can only walk at a super slow pace, which is very frustrating, as walking only the smallest distance takes sooooo long. I can run as long as I am able, but this is not a long term option. Everything else seems to be working fine. Is anyone else having this problem, or is this simply a case of my hardware?

I don't want to buy another lap top, but I am prepared to, just so I can keep playing. The development over the last year has been amazing, and I want to go all the way lol :D

I can no longer walk at a normal speed. I can only walk at a super slow pace, which is very frustrating, as walking only the smallest distance takes sooooo long.

yeah, I have been experiencing something similar to that. it's like the character is carrying too much weight and is barely able to move under the load. sometimes when I hit the run button it seems to move faster. I have also found that if I hit crouch, move forward and then stand up it sometimes seems to re-set to normal speed until I open my inventory or stop walking etc. I have also found that it helps to walk up an incline then abruptly walk down and the character accelerates briefly.

on the bright side, at that slow speed you can practically walk down a vertical cliff side without falling or otherwise getting injured. lol

Archived