#2724 - Can't retrieve my snares

SteveP

I searched thoroughly for this topic & though I found some very similar posts, they were all from early spring & summer. So I decided to post again in case this was happening to anyone else.

I was traveling through the ravine & I decided to stay in the cave since night was approaching. Realizing I had intentionally traveled light in hopes of making it to ML in one shot, I also had no food on me so decided it was best to set my snares. I caught a few rabbits, which I harvested during a blizzard, (meat only) but noticed I couldn't pick my snares up. The cursor wouldn't even acknowledge their existence.

I went back into the cave & waited until morning thinking the weather may be playing a part, but the next morning (which was bright, sunny & beautiful) yielded the same results so i harvested the remaining guts & furs from the rabbits and begrudgingly left my snares behind.

Maybe it is important to mention I had placed a total of 3 snares & was allowed to only pick one up. The one I was allowed to pick up was still usable & the 2 I couldn't interact with appeared to be broken. Is this not a bug at all but rather a new mechanic dealing with broken snares? Are they no longer harvestable?

Thanks in advance for any insight/help.

I searched thoroughly for this topic & though I found some very similar posts, they were all from early spring & summer. So I decided to post again in case this was happening to anyone else.

I was traveling through the ravine & I decided to stay in the cave since night was approaching. Realizing I had intentionally traveled light in hopes of making it to ML in one shot, I also had no food on me so decided it was best to set my snares. I caught a few rabbits, which I harvested during a blizzard, (meat only) but noticed I couldn't pick my snares up. The cursor wouldn't even acknowledge their existence.

I went back into the cave & waited until morning thinking the weather may be playing a part, but the next morning (which was bright, sunny & beautiful) yielded the same results so i harvested the remaining guts & furs from the rabbits and begrudgingly left my snares behind.

Maybe it is important to mention I had placed a total of 3 snares & was allowed to only pick one up. The one I was allowed to pick up was still usable & the 2 I couldn't interact with appeared to be broken. Is this not a bug at all but rather a new mechanic dealing with broken snares? Are they no longer harvestable?

Thanks in advance for any insight/help.

Same happend to me on X-Box, but I can pick it up on the day after, when the rabbit-body was despawned.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to chime in: this happened to me today.

1. I placed 3 snares south of PV homestead along the river
  2. I returned about a day later to find 2 rabbits and one trap was still empty and set
  3. After fully harvesting the 2 rabbits, I noticed that the other snare caught a rabbit*
  4. After harvesting the 3rd rabbit, I noticed I could not pick up that snare
  5. I was still able to interact with the other 2 snares

I haven't been back in game yet. I'll update this thread when I make it back down there.

*Clearly a very dumb rabbit.

Archived