[NEW UI] Don't Like It

Weyland

Definitely don't like the new UI. What was there before was better. This is a move backwards.

To me, it looks like the devs are trying to find something but taking stabs in the dark on this one.

5eMUWWH.jpg

Even though I know the inventory icon is on the top, my brain doesn't recognize it for a sec.

An interesting thing is that the elements you probably want to check more ofter are smaller than the elements you check rarely:

Time of day is smaller than time survived.

The actual value of your condition is smaller than its label.

The icons for selecting the inventory and log are smaller than the image of your body.

The back button is probably completely obsolete since you need a keystroke to open the panel and will usually close it with another keystroke (both ESC and the mapped key work).

Most of the numbers are also cramped in one place which makes it more difficult to find the one you're looking for quickly. Especially mixing calories with temperature information feels clumsy.

The temperatures working against each other ("air temp" and "clothing bonus"; "windchill" and "windchill bonus") are not grouped together but interrupted by other information, forcing you to "ignore" a number between them while comparing.

I'd actually prefer something like this:

Archived