Quick Wishlist

Hjalti

Hello first time post but I've been playing TLD since it came out on Xbox Preview and it's my addiction :).

Anyway here goes

Moose! There should be moose and they should get hostile if they feel threatened I don't have much experience with moose but I think they're up in Canada

Plane crash Scene. I'm sure this is gonna be in there cuz it's the story and the cockpit research video but a scene for the plane crash before the game starts and possibly sustaining an injury before the game starts just to give that extra panic.

Lastly wildlife. Foxes.... Snow foxes either one would be nice maybe make a scarf from the pelt. Maybe if we can shoot a bird we can harvest it (I honestly haven't ed attempted that). Maybe some deer turn hostile? It's not crazy to think a deer would attack someone.

Well that's my wishlist for now. Keep up all the amazing work I love this game and can't wait for the next update!

Hello first time post but I've been playing TLD since it came out on Xbox Preview and it's my addiction :).

Welcome to the TLD forums. To quote a notable cartoon character, lets get down to the tacks of brass.

Moose! There should be moose and they should get hostile if they feel threatened I don't have much experience with moose but I think they're up in Canada

This has been asked for a number of times. Not sure if the devs are going to take up them up but they have been "added to the list".

Plane crash Scene. I'm sure this is gonna be in there cuz it's the story and the cockpit research video but a scene for the plane crash before the game starts and possibly sustaining an injury before the game starts just to give that extra panic.

This one has been asked for as well. Some even proposed the plane crash scene be sort of an intro to the game with a tutorial. Maybe akin to The Forrest. Maybe in Story mode???

Lastly wildlife. Foxes.... Snow foxes either one would be nice maybe make a scarf from the pelt. Maybe if we can shoot a bird we can harvest it (I honestly haven't ed attempted that). Maybe some deer turn hostile? It's not crazy to think a deer would attack someone.

A lot of other animals have been asked for, foxes among them. Raptors (owls, eagles, etc), cougars, wolverines, mink, beaver, the list goes on and on. There are also the domesticated/feral/wild animals such as dogs and cats that could have survived, to eek out an existence in the ruins. Every new critter is more to it than just building a wire frame, skinning it and tossing in a movement routine. From a programming point every new animal also changes the entire predator/prey dynamic. So one new critter = lots of extra work. Then lots more to debug. Foxes are predators against rabbits but could be prey for wolves. Foxes can't harm deer, though a deer could kill a fox. Bears could never catch a fox, so I am not sure if they would be ignored or not. The matter of extra harvestable materials also has to be added into the mix and what recipes need to be altered/added to take advantage of the materials. Maybe more will be added in the coming industrial update around the corner. More of a wait and see.

Well that's my wishlist for now. Keep up all the amazing work I love this game and can't wait for the next update!

Again, welcome to the forums.

Archived