Running, fatigue and torch

brian71mm

So I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug, if it is meant to be like this or what but I've noticed that no matter how much weight you carry or amount of items that when sprinting the meter still reducing at the same rate and the fatigue gradually raises at the same rate. The only time I've noticed a difference in speed is when closer to being fully fatigued or encumbered entirely. I've dropped everything in my inventory to test this as well. Granted I understand that this was implemented so as to counter running everywhere but I would think a normal person would not be so fatigued after one length of a sprint. I noticed that while not having any items that after sprinting a full bar that my fatigue never was a little more than halfway not sure if this is a bug or meant to be as the average person would be able to do so many times before fatigue sets in. I would assume it to make more sense if the fatigue never slowly went down after not sprinting for awhile and I sit watching to see if it had but to no avail nothing Lol either way I can only get about one and maybe a half before my fatigue meter is full as well as swinging the torch causing the character to become fatigued extremely fast as well.

Guest mcopeman
I've noticed that no matter how much weight you carry or amount of items that when sprinting the meter still reducing at the same rate and the fatigue gradually raises at the same rate.

Hmmm... Your sprint meter is just meant to show the amount of time that you can sprint. It will eventually become disabled when you are too tired (hence why its a constant rate). On the other hand, that you fatigue meter doesn't sound like its behaving properly. Walking or standing should cause fatigue to go up slowly but it should increase quite a bit when you are running and even more if you are carrying more items. The torch does take quite a bit of energy (by design.)

I'll check this out and see if I can reproduce what you are seeing. Thanks for posting!

Melody~

Archived