[Solved] Having issues with running the game

Rooks_Nemesis

well there it is my first of MANY all nighters playing the new update! And then my wife woke up and the party stopped lol.. Any ways. When I finally got back on roughly an you ago.. My own personal long dark began.. The game wont load! Once it gives the alpha disclaimer it shuts down and goes back to the xboxs dashboard.. So I tried again and again.. Finally loaded up my save and was safely in the camp office.. As soon as I left.. Back to dashboard! This time attempting to load my file turned out even worse.. Corrupted save file..

This has been going on now for a couple hours.. Finally get into the game start playing.. And once I enter a building its say goodbye to my save file!

And yes I've tried to re download it! I've shut down my system, I even did a full reboot. I've also tried just re installing the patch..

If ANYONE out there is having this issue on thier Xbones and you found a work around please let me know!

Guest mcopeman

After you reinstalled was it crashing after the alpha disclaimer or when you loaded your saved game?

This might be a shot in the dark but another thing you could try is unplugging and turning off other controllers before starting the game.

Melody~

After you reinstalled was it crashing after the alpha disclaimer or when you loaded your saved game?

This might be a shot in the dark but another thing you could try is unplugging and turning off other controllers before starting the game.

Melody~

It was crashing after/when the alpha disclaimer came on screen.. And when leaving a building after loafing a save file. I only own one controller but thanks for the idea. I've completely re downloaded the game after deleting the patch and game including save files.

Did a hard reboot. Held button down for the 15 seconds then unplugged my Xbox etc.. And after I turned my system back on its been "ok"

I should clarify tho the game only crashes once I load and try to leave from a building with multiple exits.. And I found my own work around.. If the game keeps crashing because I'm leaving the front door of the camp office.. I reload the game and once I leave the back exit I can USUALLY carry on.. Some times it still crashes out

Guest mcopeman

Is it only happening at the camp office? Have you tried entering/leaving other buildings such as the dam or lake cabins? I'm passing this off to the team to see if they can find a resolution for you.

Melody~

It has happened now at buildings with multiple exits.. The places I've had it happen to me now are.

Camp offices

Carter hydro dam ( back Half to carter lake )

Quonset gas station

Coastal townsite

And on a VERY rare occasion trappers ( before deep forest patch )

After alot of testing this ( having issues ) it seems like the game crashing out at the disclaimer and having problems leaving buildings do to crashing are always tied together..

So if I'm having the crash/load issue the game will also crash/load at the disclaimer and title screen

Hey Jeremy JPOW Powell,

I finally got to sit Down today and test thing out again. But unfortunately the issue is still occurring I'm currently at the camp offices ML. And again on trying to load my save the game crashes out after the alpha prompt.. After a couple tries It loads as normal and allows me to load my save. And at this point it has crashed while loading. Or when I get into the game it crashes out still when leaving the front door. The back door is my only option to carry on.

I'm sorry for causing you guys and gals grief over this. I just hope that this info is helping you guys solve this issue! I have now also noticed graphical errors while the save/crash issue has happened!

Guest mcopeman

Have you tried reinstalling the game? This might fix some of the crashes. Your save file (all your items, number of days survived etc.) is stored in the cloud so it wont be deleted.

Melody~

So after sitting down fo a 6 hour session, saving then quitting to dashboard then re loading. I'd like to report I didn't have a SINGLE load crash at all :) great Job and thanks a ton guys!

All the buildings in mystery lake and coastal check out. Didn't make it into pleasant valley yet but if there's an issue ill be sure to let you guys know

Archived