Fell through the world...

ADF

35 days in and I fall through the world. NOT the heroic ending I had in mind!

Was in the Ravine on the right side, just a bit past the corpse (opposite the train wreck) and had just worked my way from the top level of the path down to the next level (looked to be a flat ice shelf going in the opposite direction and gradually descending towards the bottom of the Ravine). As soon as I stepped on the ice, I fell through the world. Was my first time attempting to traverse the Ravine to get to the next zone, so not sure I followed the correct path, but pretty sure falling through the world wasn't a part of anyone's plan for my day. :shock:

Are you sure you "fell through the world" [meaning fell through the entire map and were either under the map or kept falling), or did you "fall to your death"?

Big difference because it sounds like you fell to your death if you were trying to climb down near the corpse. You aren't falling a short distance, you're actually plummeting all the way to the bottom of the ravine [it's a no go kill zone because you wouldn't be able to get back up anyhow].

If it was falling through the map, you map need to take an F8 screenshot where you fell through.

And again - you can't climb down the Ravine - that is meant as a no go death zone trying to climb down.

Well, I definitely fell through the ice shelf. Graphically I watched that happen. Then I rec'd the "you're dead" message immediately after.

I've yet to find a flat (or relatively flat in this case) surface in the game that you can fall through, so I would not expect to find that where I fell through.

That said, you could be 100% correct. Perhaps I wandered into an area the Dev's have determined is Insta-death if you go there. Again, I haven't seen that anywhere else in the game, but then my "anywhere else" was limited to lots of hours in Mystery Lake prior to the creation/addition of the 1st new zone late last fall. I hadn't played since just prior to it being added.

Melody,

Here is/are the screenshot(s) you asked for. In the final screenshot, the ice shelf straight ahead in the middle of the screenshot is the one I fell through. I walked sideways down the wall until I reached the shelf, and as soon as I stepped on it, I fell through the world.

The first three screenshots are to show you the general area of the zone I was in. You can see my footprints in screenshot #2 going to the left of the tree. The ice shelf is in that direction and off to the right.

Haven't retested it yet to see if it would happen again.

Hope these help.

96x96-BillTarling.thumb.jpg.d62832a712c4

2015-08-14_00003.thumb.jpg.c521401235f33

2015-08-14_00004.thumb.jpg.e84e205986d9e

Archived