Custom Difficulty Levels

frostyblizzard

Hi all! I've been really enjoying the game, it's a breath of fresh air and is great fun even in this unfinished format.

I have seen that other people on here have suggested additional difficulty levels, which I think is a nice idea.

I have a similar idea which is a "Custom" difficulty mode. With my limited knowledge of programming, I imagine that the difference between existing difficulty levels is changing some values/ variables so allowing the player to change these shouldn't be a giant leap (but I'm not saying it's no work...).

What could a custom difficulty mode change? Here are some examples:

Number of Predators (Wolves/ Bears) - Ridiculous/ High/ Medium/ Low

Number of Prey (Rabbits/ Deers) - High/ Medium/ Low

Predator Awareness (Likelihood of being spotted) - High/ Medium/ Low

Predator Damage - Always Lethal/ High/ Medium/ Low

Loot - High/ Medium/ Low/ Very Low

Weather, Clothing, Starting skill level etc!

I think this would allow everyone to tailor their experience to their tastes. What do you think?

Thanks.

This has been suggested many times already. Here's Bethany's response in one of them.

Letting the player customize the difficulty themselves would also make reproducing bugs a lot harder. Some bugs might be due to settings the player chose.

Another issue is what variables the player should be able to influence. In January (iirc) TLD already had 1200+ variables! By now there will be quite a few more I'd expect.

Archived