New Game Intro

AmericanSteel

When did the "fly through" game intro go live? I logged in Saturday morning with my cup of fatty coffee and was taken aback. Very nicely done. I then started a new game and was spawned on a random map at a random location, about hours before dawn in a blizzard. That was a freaky beginning :o Had to change my play style from finding a base camp to finding any place I could get out of the wind and pray this fire starts. :shock: I made it to within sight of the flag flying near ML when a wolf jumped me. Unarmed, tatter clothing and at 40% health from exposure. Doomed!

It came with one of our recent updates! From a post our story artist left on Reddit:

The trailer was done internally by myself (Aaron Hildebrandt, Hinterland's story artist) and Raphael (our founder and creative director), with original music by our composer Cris Velasco and sound by our audio director Glenn Jamison.

Really glad you enjoyed it! A lot of love went into it.

It came with one of our recent updates! From a post our story artist left on Reddit:

The trailer was done internally by myself (Aaron Hildebrandt, Hinterland's story artist) and Raphael (our founder and creative director), with original music by our composer Cris Velasco and sound by our audio director Glenn Jamison.

Really glad you enjoyed it! A lot of love went into it.

Going from a dark screen into a little intro really polishes the game. Two thumbs way up. Nicely done! Now they just need to add a few cut scenes of wolves running toward the player, bears standing on their hind legs gnashing teeth, falling through the ice and pitching off the back of Carter Dam or into the ravine. :shock:

Archived