Greetings from Abidjan, Coté d'Ivoire

havamal2000

Greetings,

Just wanted to congratulate you and your team on a really great game. I'm now playing my second round, after surviving for 48 days and reaching Pleasent Valley. Unfortunately I tried to kill the bear near the farm house and got killed... so back to Mystery Lake to start over.

I was pleasently surprised to see the modifications to the map, and the additional tunnel and rooms at the Hydro Dam. My approach to the game also changed on my second round. I'm no longer in such a hurry to explore. I've approached crafting clothing for the first time, hunting wolves and deer, instead of just picking at the remains of wolf-kills and snaring fluffy bunnies.

Just to give you a laugh, I should tell you that I play The Long Dark in my study, with the air conditioning on full, so that I can feel the cold of the game more realistically. Although I enjoy working in West Africa, my home is in New England and I lived in Quebec for 13 years, so I've learned to cross-country ski and went winter camping when I was younger. Your artwork is wonderful, and very reminisent of the trips we took around Lac Saint Jean.

Thanks so much for a great game and good luck with the rest of the development. I look forward to playing the finished product.

Greetings from Abidjan, Coté d'Ivoire

Got no idea where that is, but is sounds very exotic and exciting :) Welcome !!!

Greetings, . . . . . Just to give you a laugh, I should tell you that I play The Long Dark in my study, with the air conditioning on full, so that I can feel the cold of the game more realistically.

Haha this did get a LOL from me. Happy to see you take this so very serious :P My advice at the moment, from being so early in the game, just sit back and explore. This way, when you go for a good long run, you will know what is what and you should breeze through . . . Have fun !!!

Always exciting to hear from areas where our player base isn't heavily represented! I love your dedication to the immersion, and I'm a little jealous of your A/C, even though I'm sure it's more of a necessity where you are than it is here in the Pacific Northwest.

Welcome to the forums!

Archived