Add Snow Shelters To XBOX ONE

Colby F

Unless they were added again in one of the last updates, there are no snow shelters in the game anymore. There used to be an option to build a snow shelter but it was removed months ago.

I would like the option to build a shelter, any type of shelter, be it a snow shelter, a lean too or whatever. And I would like it for all platforms.

Interiors are close enough to make a create-your-own-shelter mechanic be of no real use.

By interiors I assume you mean buildings? Well the problem your jab on theyre close enough to make a buildable shelter useless is just, well false. Sure in Mystery lake yea. CH, a little more spread out, but the PV, I would've loved to have a buildable shelter a ton of time. Another thing is people want it for the freedom. Just think of how much more fun you could have building a base camp. IMO. But there is definately use for it. Maybe just tents, but there is use for it.

While I think the idea sounds interesting and offers another degree of realism, I don't think I'd use them with the current game mechanics. The cost in time it would take to build one would be better spent running to the next building... at least in my games.

If there was a more brutal map or a harsher difficulty setting with fewer or no buildings, then I'd like to see these. PV isn't that bad once you learn it, imo.

Dying due to being cold is a constant danger so having the ability to build a structure to prevent this should be an available solution. Once you've played long enough it's true that you will have learned the map well enough along with approximate time to get between cabins that getting caught out isn't much of a risk. But when you are new to the game and anytime you are exploring it would be good to know that you have the freedom to explore with the worst case scenario being you build a temporary shelter.

Archived