[solved] Game crashes following 'Disclaimer' screen

Pheo_Woof

I've been playing The Long Dark for about a little over a week or so with no issue at all; however, a few days ago the game would crash following the disclaimer screen where it prompts the user to 'hit any key to continue'. When I hit a key, the game will crash and prompts me to send a bug report file to Hinterland. As of this post, it continues to crash after leaving the disclaimer screen.

Are there any means of fixing this issue? And where should I send the bug report file that is mentioned in the error message?

Thank you!

Alright, thank you so much! And an update as of this morning: as of now the Hinterland logo will load upon launch, as will the screens that appear prior to 'The Long Dark: Sandbox Alpha' screen.But following that I have only a black screen (the disclaimer screen does not load). Upon clicking or hitting a key, the game crashes. Attached is the most recent crash report. Thanks!

output_log.txt

Mmm, until Hinterland tech comes through here, you can try to verify your game cache - right click TLD in Steam, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache - and if that doesn't do it, forcing the game to run in dx9 mode - right click TLD in Steam, properties, set launch options, paste in "-force-d3d9" without the quotes, click OK - then see if the game still crashes. Also make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

Just so that what solves most or some of the problems is out of the way by the time help arrives :D

If it still crashes after all this, posting your system specs may also help as I see some instances of System out of memory! in the log.

Archived