Hunted Mode

iZeedy

As I was playing the other night, I thought of something. Not that the game isn't core survival type anyways, but I thought what would make this game more intense? Then I thought what if something hunted you, like a timber wolf, or something. I thought if you made it so that you could here him howl every now and then when he gets close and made him really slow while searching then fast once he's found you. Just the thought of seeing some gigantic wolf creeping along the lake towards you, or even hearing his howl would just put a huge sense of dread shooting through your body. Maybe make him get bored and wander off while you are in houses hiding and sleeping but at soon as you leave the house he is on the hunt again, or maybe just wait close by and just enough for you to sneak out without him seeing you. I think it would just be epic, then killing him would end the game or then maybe two come out, or something. Just a sense of being tracked down by some beast sounds so awesome to me, then killing him too even better yet. I just need something else to think about while I am scavenging for food. I just thought of it let me know what you guys think.

Oh I did not realize that, sorry. I just thought it was a cool thought. But what I was thinking was not what you were probably thinking. Instead of having all those other wolves, I thought it would be cool to have just one huge wolf that is relentless, with or without meat in your bag, or maybe even more relentless with meat in your bag. No need for the rudeness, and also way to have confidence in Hinterland, they've made an amazing game whose to say that the survivor AI's won't be amazing, have some faith...

Oh I did not realize that, sorry.

Nothing to be sorry about, nobody knows how the entire game works and how all mechanics fit together. Even if that wasn't the case, not knowing is just that, nothing else to it.

Instead of having all those other wolves, I thought it would be cool to have just one huge wolf that is relentless, with or without meat in your bag, or maybe even more relentless with meat in your bag.

I got that, I just said I'm against the idea.

No need for the rudeness

Was I rude? I apologize. Usually part of what you mean and how you mean it gets lost while something you don't want gets added when you don't have tone of voice and facial expressions to help with language, especially when at least one doing the talking is not using his native language and is part of a different culture. Again, I apologize.

Thanks for the suggestions and self-moderation, guys. It's true that we do have an international community, but it's easy for things to get lost in translation over the internet no matter what language you speak. Either way, civility is always appreciated, especially by me =)

Welcome to the forums, iZeedy!

Thank you Bethany, I absolutely love the game and I know that they are working very hard to make an amazing game and I was just hoping to spark an idea in the community and maybe get some creative fluids flowing through the forums, I am a programmer (just graduated college) also and I know what it is like to have code on the mind constantly. Ideas and creativity is what gets me back into the groove, and I thought maybe I could get a nice conversation going.

Archived