Degraded condition on newly crafted arrows

majorp

Was crafting a new arrow at the workbench, and when I checked my inventory afterwards I noticed that the new arrow didn't have 100% condition. I thought it kinda made sense, as I had harvested the arrowhead from a broken arrow and thought maybe the arrowhead was degraded from previous use.

Later I crafted another arrow, all parts 100% condition, but the arrow turned out to have 49% condition, the same as the least used arrow already in my inventory. Reloaded the game, threw all my arrows on the floor so I didn't have any left in my inventory, crafted a new arrow, and ta-da! New arrow has 100% condition!:)

TLDR: Newly crafted arrows doesn't get 100% condition if there's used arrows in your inventory, instead they get the same condition as the least degraded arrow.

Confirmed bug ... 4 newly crafted arrows joined a 5th one on 2% :cry:

I already had another arrow with a higher percentage.

So I disagree with 'least'. Changed to 'most'.

TLDR: Newly crafted arrows doesn't get 100% condition if there's used arrows in your inventory, instead they get the same condition as the least most degraded arrow.

Had to go to transition zone to find the birch and now this happens! :x

Personally I think finished condition should be a bit random (not 100%) because the character isn't exactly making them with absolute precision or top of the line appropriate tools, nor are they necessarily skilled bow/arrow craftsmen [as can be seen by the nice simplicity of the bow and arrows]...

Makes sense that they would be hard pressed to make perfect condition versions each time... likewise with other crafted items.

However I do agree that 2% for a fresh one is a bit low... I mean I could probably even make one at least 3% given enough tries [yeah, wife and daughter wanted to submit me for Canada's Worst Handyman show]... I would have hard enough time tying a bow, let alone making one :lol:

re the bug: arrows were being crafted at the same condition as the lowest condition one already in stock, but I think they're fixing that for the next update. For now, best to drop all arrows (unless you have a great condition one) while making new arrows until it is fixed.

Archived