Black Screen, No Audio

B0wL

So I can play this game for quite a while before this happens, however when it does happen, it's really abrupt. The screen just goes black, no audio, no visuals. There is no way to alt tab out, it's just completely black. I used to originally think that it was because my laptop was overheating (Which is what it was doing at first, and usually when it does it does the exact same thing. Lose all sound, screen goes black, nothing. But my computer is still running during this but I can make no action) Naturally I was out online looking for a solution to make this run better on my machine, and I did. I went in to my Program files x64, steam, steam apps, common, TheLongDark. There's a file in there by the name of tld_borderless_dx11.bat and ran it. This did work and the game ran longer than it normally does. However this time the computer was not even hot when it stopped working. The computer was around room temperature if not at least a little warmer, but it still did the black screen with no audio. I'm not sure what to do but I am a bit disappointed because I really wish I could run this magnificent game.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Figured someone would ask for specs so here:

64-bit OS, Windows 8.1

AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon HD Graphics

2.30GHz

6 GB RAM

Thank you for the help, it did work and it ran much longer than it would've with dx11. However It still overheats over time, and there isn't much I can do about that because the game is already on very low settings. I'll see if a cooling pad works. Anways, thank you, it helped.

How hots the computer running? Does it run hot with other games? how many fans do you have and are they all working?

Also a good cleaning sometimes helps with temp control, get a can of compressed air and give the inside of the computer a good spraying, especially the fans around the graphics card they tend to collect the most dust. I know it's a laptop, but they can collect a decent amount of dust like a desktop to.

Jeremy

Archived