v.243 cold ass with fire

nicko

Thought i try and get warm built a fire inside a pot belly stove. My cold temp would not even move down. very odd. I also was not thirsty or too hungry. This happened in sandbox mode. v2.43. I was even crouched down but still no effect. :( eventually i just became an icecube.

Will try to post a screen grab next.(below)

tld01cabin.png

thanks will try that next, survived much longer next sandbox game. making sure i dont go out in really cold weather. get best clothing i can find etc. though still ran out of food :( 3 days. caught some fish but they didnt' last to long.

The Feels like temperature needs to be above 0 degrees Celsius before your cold bar will begin to go down. Also each wood gives a different amount of heat off and takes about 10 mins in game to reach that maximum temp.

Another thing I noticed form your screenshot is that your clothing doesn't seem to be the best, this will help with your Feels Like Temp as well.

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

I had a recent game where I was in the stump clearing clear cut area where there's an old ravaged shed with a stove in it. With a huge storm outside I built fire there but still freezing. Built a second fire and then it was plenty warm. It takes a lot of work. The game seems to have gotten a LOT harder lately. Lack of food, clothes especially and a lot of aggressive wolves and too many storms. There is no chance in many cases to survive even with optimal strategy in Voyageur and Stalker levels. You need a lucky start!

Archived