Can't stop looking up and left

I have not played The Long Dark for many updates and have recently wanted to get back into it. But, unfortunately, when I get in a game I am forced to look up and my character spins to the left constantly. This doesn't seem to be a mouse issue as the mouse works completely fine any time except when playing. Additionally, when I go into options, the first option is always changing options to the left (for example, mouse sensitivity slider quickly falls when entering the menu). Is there any fix for this? I have no idea what may have caused this, but my only suspicions would be that it was impacted when I turned off mouse acceleration.

I'm having this same problem. This is my first time playing the game after having purchased on steam.

Something appears to be telling "The Long Dark" that I am constantly looking up and moving in a circle to the left making the game unplayable. I've removed all of my peripherals and uninstalled software that I thought might be interfering. Still no luck.

I'm having the same issue since the last update, in order to play I must power on my xbox wireless controller before starting the game and then it stops looking up and left and I can normaly play with keyboard and mouse.

edit: controller support fully works

Yup, can confirm. Also bought it with the steam sales, and just tried a few miniutes back for the first time, to find this very bug, but looking indefinitely to the right in my case.

Plugin the xbox controller (mine's wired with usb btw) BEFORE booting the game does the trick.

Guest mcopeman

This is a known bug, however this might fix your problem in the meantime!

It is caused by either having a controller plugged in, or drivers running for controllers. Other people have reported vJoy being an issue. Once the driver was uninstalled, the game worked fine. Check your device manager to see if there is any usb controllers.

Reference for vJoy: http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/77-vjoy/102-removing-vjoy

Archived