Feedback @ 100hrs of gameplay

octavian

I don't know what happened today, perhaps it had something to do with reaching 100 hrs of gameplay; I was just eating my condensed milk calories as usual when suddenly something felt different.

It was all very confusing until I've looked into my third oven of the day when, just like that, I got it, Fallout 3.

Which I guess was made when somebody said: America after Strangelove.

chinnychinchin_.jpg[/attachment]

But on a more serious note - who's not being serious? - I suppose Hinterland agrees with one of the things I've been inoculated with via Ludovico, there it goes, Clockwork Orange, your tagline should change meaning throughout the story. A moment where "How far will you go to survive?" would be something the player asks rather than being asked.

I already frequently find myself asking the fauna this question. But I guess that it doesn't matter because nobody remembers the tagline anyway. Without generalizing, of course.

And if you think this is crazy, if you ever need a scene from a movie to illustrate the average TLD experience with,

will_.thumb.jpg.43124bc9de53edb2e7433a97

chinnychinchin_.thumb.jpg.8308e31f47892f

thedailytld_.thumb.jpg.1d499ab06ce5ef443

Hahahaha, after reading that, I feel like I was on drugs. While watching classic movies. Truly beautiful.

+1 for atmospheric effects

+1 for getting natural phenomenon "right"

+1 for removing the player's voice, and adding other "voices" to the game, at least in sandbox. Especially to add to the feeling of isolation, desperation, and ultimately, to add to the immersion.

+1 to hunting bear in lingerie, with fully automatic weapons. I feel like it should be up to the player to decide which gender's lingerie is appropriate though.

Interesting read, thanks for taking the time to share. Great touch adding the photos, too.

One thing I do want to touch on is the characters' voices though. I actually see them as a way to keep immersion going. The cues they give (simple ones about how cold/hungry/tired they are) serve as a way to keep you involved in maintaining their well-being without feeling like you have to pull up the UI all of the time...I think having to tend to a UI or wondering if you're in the "danger zone" every two minutes would break immersion more than the character speaking up to tell you they need something, or if something is wrong.

But anyway! Thanks again. I really do love it when people take time to write out posts like this, and it happens a lot in this community. We're very lucky to have all of you here playing and sharing your thoughts and feedback!

Simple cues are perfect, I have no issues with stomach growling, teeth chattering and moans of pain. Hearing "I hope nobody needs this anymore" or the character trying to deal with pain by talking to himself/herself, for the 101st time, is too much for me personally :)

Simple cues are perfect, I have no issues with stomach growling, teeth chattering and moans of pain. Hearing "I hope nobody needs this anymore" or the character trying to deal with pain by talking to himself/herself, for the 101st time, is too much for me personally :)

I thought that might be what you were referring to, but it's always nice to share opinions either way! I hear ya!

I find this is most noticeable/annoying if I've got a sprained ankle and no painkillers. I agree that it makes sense for the character to react, but not to the point of annoyance (like a seat belt beeper in your car).

I find this is most noticeable/annoying if I've got a sprained ankle and no painkillers. I agree that it makes sense for the character to react, but not to the point of annoyance (like a seat belt beeper in your car).

So I should make a note to request that the character screams obscenely loud non-stop when they sprain their ankle. Got it!

I can't help myself sometimes. Gotta have fun with you guys =)

I agree that it makes sense for the character to react, but not to the point of annoyance (like a seat belt beeper in your car).

You should be able to give them a candy bar to make them quiet, making all that noise about a sprain, probably hypoglycemia :lol:

Archived