Portable heat sources !

MrGodd2K9

Hi all, just a few ideas I came up with, anybody think that a hotwater bottle or some sort of reusable hand warmer/ heatpack would be a good addition to the game ? Obviously once activated they would cool down over time depending if the temperature thus giving out less of a heat value over a period of time unless it's hits zero then the water would need to be heated again. Just a quick idea and I thought id put it out there to see if you guys agree and think it would be a good idea or not :-)

While you can't take it "with" you, you can bury the coal from a fire. Put dirt on the top, sleeping on top and stay warm all night. However, you have to get the depth right. To shallow and you could end up burning yourself. To deep and you do not get any benefit.

I simulate this by lighting two fires.

You can buy cheap, instant single-use heat packets that last for a couple hours or more. Might make a handy in-game rare loot item.

If you're unexpectedly caught outdoors in a blizzard, it won't necessarily be a lifesaver on its own, but it could have similar warming attributes to hot soup and such.

Archived