a way to live off civilisation completely in TLD

Hobbesyb

Hello,

I'm currently at 64 days, and went everywhere in the maps to get stuff. Know them nearly by heart (I died many times).

I've crafted the things I could form natural stuff.

But I see the end coming as for most of the things necessary to survive, there's no natural replacement. And when this happens, I think I won't want to start a new game (as I won't find new stuff), before the story mode or a new map is available.

As stuff decay way too fast (I think), in TLD, as well as hunger and thirst increases a lot too fast (getting dehydrated after a 10h sleep is very weird, in real life), and as industrial stuff are in a finite number, there's a point where no matter what you do, there's not enough game elements to live longer. And you feel like you've finished the game, that was very cool and interesting, but there's no point doing it again.

This is a source of boredom for me : having seen everything in the map and having nothing else to do than looking at my stuff rapidly decay. (but we're all different).

I suggest that you add more crafting possibilities, allowing the player to replace everything industrial necessary to survival with stuff crafted from natural ingredients. And not just a coat, a bedroll, boots and a few tools.

This would allow the player to completely live off civilization, to live longer (but with less comfort, and more danger), and force him/her to go out and find those ingredients. Of course, for this to work properly, these ingredients should reload after some time, like it does for animals.

Then we would also need to be able to craft a replacement weapon like a bow, a boomerang or a lance.

I guess, in a real situation, if lost in the frozen wild, you first consume what's easy : things from civilisation, and then you try to build yourself a new home and new stuff from natural things.

I also suggest that after say 3 months, spring comes, snow melts, and then you have to adapt to the new characteristics of the environment, have to use new plants, beware of the sun, new animals species, condamned ways because the ice is gone, etc ...

Great game any way and it was fun to play.

I also suggest that after say 3 months, spring comes, snow melts, and then you have to adapt to the new characteristics of the environment, have to use new plants, beware of the sun, new animals species, condamned ways because the ice is gone, etc ...

Separate seasons are already tentatively planned for standalone sequels - continuing the storylines...

Archived