More Realistic In-Game-Time

pistols12

I would Love to see this game more closely mirror real time in terms or the in game time passed to real time passed.

I like the amount of thirst, fatigue, cold, or hunger taken for amount of In game time, but it goes by to fast!!!

I persoanlly feel like I should not die that fast from starving to death etc etc : }

The earliest pre-alpha versions did run much closer to real time (and travel speed)...

v.001 was closest to real figures, but it felt like progressing through molasses because nights were so much longer (and colder) so a bit too much travel was forced during complete darkness.

A couple of versions later, they boosted the time speed rate because activities felt slow waiting for them to complete), and they reversed the day/night hours in order to give a better gameplay sense [which worked well].

Travel was also at a much slower pace - actually (considering I grew up in a similar area to the game) it felt very close and natural to the real setting. The maps also felt huge because you ended up having to plan all your travel and emergency backup plans carefully. On Mystery Lake, travel between the Trapper's Homestead to the Dam was usually a 2 to 2 1/2 day travel [you planned your stopping points along the way]

NOTE: unplowed deep snow travel, especially across snow fields, IRL was quite exhausting and slow... you avoided running (and yes even jumping)... it was more of a trudging pace rather than walking

While the speed "felt" really accurate, I can understand the devs needing to speed up the pace for gameplay purposes [while the game uses some survival simulation aspects for the game, it was never intended to represent a survival simulator specifically]. As well, the devs also keep the pacing in mind for when they reach the story mode.

They're constantly retuning, trying, testing, analyzing feedback from each version; so it may still turn up or down as the game approaches the next phase of development. They'll find the final speed balance they need as the game progresses.

well, when starving the player should only loose weight and as they get weaker they would be able to carry less and task might take much longer. Then once they drop to a given body mass they enter TLD. Most players would die from exposure or wolf attacks long before starving.

well, when starving the player should only loose weight and as they get weaker they would be able to carry less and task might take much longer. Then once they drop to a given body mass they enter TLD. Most players would die from exposure or wolf attacks long before starving.

+1

I want to get my character FAT!

Archived