Outside vs Inside FPS and Performance Issues on All Settings

ShieldHeart

Hey there first post.

I absolutely love the game Hinterland, props to you guys down there for working hard and getting great content out one update after the other.

I've been playing the game between 40-60 FPS since early days no problem, but it seems that with the latest updates, the performance (at least on my machine) is going down. When roaming outside I often hit below 30 FPS (lowest setting) when the minimum used to be 40 playing on medium settings. This happens both when running the game in DX11 and regularly.

I have a decent machine even though it's a laptop:

Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4 GHz (8 CPUs)

8 GB Ram

Nvidia GT 755m

windows 8.1 (x64)

Also attached debug log below.

The range of FPS you can get is really sporadic, nowadays I'm getting 80-120 indoors and 25-50 outside. I would appreciate if any developers here (or anyone for that matter) can give me any tips on tweaking/optimizing any settings that might improve my outdoors FPS, even by a little. It's strange that my machine can run Skyrim and Civ 5 on high settings with 60 FPS while have trouble with this game on the lowest of graphics settings, I'm probably missing something that I hope someone here will mention.

Cheers and thanks for the help in advance.

output_log.txt

hmm while taking a look at the debug log I noticed the renderer it's stating is "Intel HD Graphics 4600" and not my dedicated nvidia card (I have switchable graphics). Could this be the problem?

That's weird the log says that since I've set the game to run with nvidia graphics in the nvidia controls...

Once we switch to Unity 5 the performance issues should mostly go away. Unity 5 actually utilizes multi core CPU's, unlike 4. And it stops being CPU bound as well. We've been testing with out switch to Unity 5 and there have been lots of performance increases. We will keep you guys updated with more info and such once we finish fixing any issues from the switch.

Jeremy

Archived