Is acorns appearing under oaks after zone loads intentional?

I've been noticing that all of the oaks in my game (interloper) that only have two acorn patches (either dug up or fresh) suddenly generate a third patch after the area is revisited.
Is this an intended feature?

I've never paid attention to this because I assumed oaks with just two patches are stuck that way like every other natural resource, so I never went back to look.
But when I reloaded transfer pass after having picked up all the acorns a day prior, all the oaks suddenly had a third patch that definitely wasn't visible there before.
Now I've been noticing the exact same thing happens with the oaks on ML and BR.

Posted (edited)

Nope, not yet.
I thought it was perhaps an intentional change, that perhaps acorns now fall from the trees over time.
I'm now at the forsaken airfield and every single oak at the junker's paddock only has two acorn patches, and I'm certain the third will appear when I reload the area.

I'll take screenshots and send a report.

EDIT: Ah, ok. Reloading the area/save instantly makes the third patch appear. Don't need to leave the region.
I need to go back and dig up all the acorns again, cry.

Oaks2.jpg

Oaks3.jpg

Edited by Talavaj

14 minutes ago, Talavaj said:

Nope, not yet.
I thought it was perhaps an intentional change, that perhaps acorns now fall from the trees over time.
I'm now at the forsaken airfield and every single oak at the junker's paddock only has two acorn patches, and I'm certain the third will appear when I reload the area.

I'll take screenshots and send a report.

EDIT: Ah, ok. Reloading the area/save instantly makes the third patch appear. Don't need to leave the region.
I need to go back and dig up all the acorns again, cry.

Oaks2.jpg

Oaks3.jpg

Well unless it's a new thing that didn't get mentioned then I'd say it's definitely a bug..  interloper should only get two patches per tree ..

Make the most of it though before it's patched lol..

• Upvote 2