Do I have to fix the Airfield transmitter to get a signal for the Last Horizon tale?

Since I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to dealing with Timberwolves, I decided to start a new run for the last tale (Last Horizon) before doing it with my main save. However, I'm at the Weather Station now with an aurora, but the shortwave doesn't react... Is it because I neglected to repair the transmitter at Forsaken Airfield? Am I in for some serious backtracking? Hoping for a definitive answer here before I start trudging down there again ...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Yes unfortunately you are.

You have to repair the transmitter at the Airfield first.

Thank you! Guess I'm off for quite the detour ...

I wish this would have been clearer in the quest log. As it is now, it looks like I'm ok to do any of the Tales as soon as I pick up the short wave radio.

3 minutes ago, musrass said:

Thank you! Guess I'm off for quite the detour ...

I wish this would have been clearer in the quest log. As it is now, it looks like I'm ok to do any of the Tales as soon as I pick up the short wave radio.

I can see how one might assume that but the Transmitter at the Airfield really has to be fixed to even start Signal Void...so it only makes sense that you have to at least power up the Airfield Transmitter before setting out.

I'd do it just in case since I'm essentially right there.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1