Harvesting time (skinning bear deer rabbit ect..)

phobiac

Dosent really make sense that it takes a same amount of time to skin a whole rabbit or deer. Even at harvesting lvl 5 it takes 30 mins to harvest a rabbit pelt and 30 mins to skin whole bear. Think the time should be adjusted along with that a decomposing (despawn time of carcass should be adjusted).  They should increase despawn time depending of the animal. Bears and moose would take longer to harvest and despawn (even at lvl 5) while smaller animals would take less time to harvest and would despawn faster. (rabbits and ptarmigan would decompose in few days). In my opinion bear and moose should stay for quite a long time up to 25-30 days but will also take hours to harvest them fully. Also over time i would decrease amount of meat  and welp durability of hide. The longer it stays outside the quality is worse. Deer and wolves would probably stay for a 10-15 days and rabbits around 5 days. Also would love to see a preparation for curing the hide and guts (salting the to get the moisture out). Nice inclusion would be diff ways to do it (actually like making a thing to streach it and cure it which would increase durability on it and clothing would last longer.

• Upvote 3

It does make sense that a bear/moose should take a lot longer than a rabbit ,but I suppose it's a fair trade off as it is now..  I imagine in real life a bear would take hours.in game though it wouldn't be as practical .  

• Upvote 1

Salting pelts would be awesome. I as a player, manage to kill enough rabbits and deer to get the mittens, hat, and shoes and sometimes the pants by the first week of the playthrough, and I think that the basic "throw stuff on the ground and it will be dry in said ammount of time" mechanic is dumb. My uncle is a hunter, I have to help him skin and harvest his game from time to time. He also collects pelts and does taxidermy. The process of making pelts is long and time consuming in real life, and so much diffrent from throwing them in a moisty room and waiting for them to cure

I agree, it should take longer for larger animals. It should also be substantially longer if you choose to use your hands too, especially since I don't think it's feasible to do it with your hands in real life lol. 

• Upvote 1