Do sprains still register even if off in settings

As the title says I wondered if the sprain mechanic still saves even if they're off in the settings..

I was trying to shoot the moose but the lagging was so bad I decided to switch it off and wait a minute before reloading.. but when I switched it on I wasn't at twm hut like I should've been..  the only thing I can think of is that the game thought Id had a sprain and saved it without me realising..   I did climb the fallen tree behind the hut but I didn't notice anything wrong ,and I didn't go high enough or fall off either..

Any thoughts on this?

If sprains were turned off for the game then they should not have registered as I understand it.  If they did then it was a bug.  

Was the lag prolonged?  Did you immediately decide to quit?  Do you now have a sprain?  Or any other affliction that wasn't there before?

When I get a sprain in my Pilgrim game I experience a momentary lag which I take as the game deciding that I got a sprain and then gets busy saving that fact.  The occurrence also tends to be rather noticeable but that's just my experience.  

5 minutes ago, UTC-10 said:

If sprains were turned off for the game then they should not have registered as I understand it.  If they did then it was a bug.  

Was the lag prolonged?  Did you immediately decide to quit?  Do you now have a sprain?  Or any other affliction that wasn't there before?

When I get a sprain in my Pilgrim game I experience a momentary lag which I take as the game deciding that I got a sprain and then gets busy saving that fact.  The occurrence also tends to be rather noticeable but that's just my experience.  

I've had quite a bit of lagging since I got to around day 750 or so.. its been quite ling but this time was more short bursts I quit a few minutes after I took seven shots so no not really.     I did get that lag when I was trying to crawl last one of the branches on the tree,but I took no damage.. because the sprains are off I usually get health loss instead but mine was fine...

I didn't have any afflictions or anything else..  

If you appeared anywhere else but where you had slept, passed time (and completed the entire interval), or entered somewhere with a loading screen then it must have made a save due to an injury. If it is able to give you condition loss and not a sprain when you fall etc as you've described, then the event may still trigger a save. All you are being saved from by disabling sprains is the wobbling walk/no running and the need to heal a sprain afterward. It entirely depends on how it is coded, but from your description that's how it sounds like it is handled.

13 hours ago, Laxgoalie said:

If you appeared anywhere else but where you had slept, passed time (and completed the entire interval), or entered somewhere with a loading screen then it must have made a save due to an injury. If it is able to give you condition loss and not a sprain when you fall etc as you've described, then the event may still trigger a save. All you are being saved from by disabling sprains is the wobbling walk/no running and the need to heal a sprain afterward. It entirely depends on how it is coded, but from your description that's how it sounds like it is handled.

I took no condition loss though.. yes I had a kind of wobble on the tree but I put that down to trying to get round the branch....

I'm guessing though the game either saw it as a sprain ,or it's bugged...

Thank you for the info😊