Bear teleportation

Prior to the most recent update it had been possible to hunt bears using indoor locations as a safe haven. Namely, you could (1) attract the attention of a bear, (2) entice it to walk near to an indoor location, (3) shoot the bear, let it aggro you, and quickly walk inside, (4) quickly return outside, in a crouched position and note that the bear is not in aggro mode. (5) rinse and repeat.

Now with the most recent update, it appears this hunting method is no longer valid. Once you enter an indoor location the bear teleports to a different location. On a recent interloper run, I noted that after entering/exiting an indoor location the bear would instantaneously move a long distance away near its cave (with my arrow still attached to it).

I have been playing long dark for many years and recall similar despawning/respawning behavior related to visiting interior locations in earlier versions. I thought they had resolved such issues in a patch many years ago. Now this issue has appeared again. I  find it to be bizarre that Hinterland has introduced this behavior. Have they done this on purpose or is it a bug?

Couldn’t say if it was a bug or intended, but I would assume it is bug. It’s also happening with timberwolves in BRP (but honestly it makes it very easy to escape them lol). Run inside and TW or bears just disappear.

Not sure why but lots of old bugs are making a return. The Aurora wolves lasting into the day, the matches stuck in your hand when equipping a bow, and can’t drop or unequip a torch bugs have also returned. Good times. Hopefully will get resolved in the next hotfix TBA.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Laxgoalie said:

Couldn’t say if it was a bug or intended, but I would assume it is bug. It’s also happening with timberwolves in BRP (but honestly it makes it very easy to escape them lol). Run inside and TW or bears just disappear.

Not sure why but lots of old bugs are making a return. The Aurora wolves lasting into the day, the matches stuck in your hand when equipping a bow, and can’t drop or unequip a torch bugs have also returned. Good times. Hopefully will get resolved in the next hotfix TBA.

Welcome to the forum😊

I've noticed the wolves not changing back to normal after the aurora too,but only in BlackRock