Weather patterns

Just wondering if it's my run or if this is normal for interloper. I'm still new to the difficulty and I just don't know.

I'm on day 213 and I'm going though blizzard 151. 

Is that normal? Am I getting bad RNG or does it appear like my weather is slightly buggy?

I'm not struggling at all to survive, just curious if this amount of blizzards is normal.

Thanks and cheers!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

So all those bears and wolves say lol😁. What's left of them anyway.

😂😂😂😂 A few are wise and run when they see me lol. Must just get arrows to the face and left to rot in the snow.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

😂😂😂😂 A few are wise and run when they see me lol. Must just get arrows to the face and left to rot in the snow.

Wise doggies indeed lol...  You could've used them to carpet your house lol.. who doesn't like a furry rug😁

35 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Wise doggies indeed lol...  You could've used them to carpet your house lol.. who doesn't like a furry rug😁

If I wasn't busy getting bear meat and parts. I do need to get after my fuzzy flooring. I'm way behind on that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

If I wasn't busy getting bear meat and parts. I do need to get after my fuzzy flooring. I'm way behind on that.

Decorating does take up calories..  not that we need an excuse to cook old grumpy lol..

6 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Sadly, I think I need to use wolf hides this run. Bears are too slow to respawn. 

The respawn rates do get a bit harsh on loper.   I think the deer hide looks nice though too.. 

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

The respawn rates do get a bit harsh on loper.   I think the deer hide looks nice though too.. 

I didn't know if they are as easy wolves are. They can't help but come to the scent of blood and raw meat. Deer just run to easily.

15 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I didn't know if they are as easy wolves are. They can't help but come to the scent of blood and raw meat. Deer just run to easily.

There always seems to be the same amount of wolves to me, so I don't know..   I know deer are too flighty but i was only thinking in terms of pure decoration.  It's the flipper in me lol.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

There always seems to be the same amount of wolves to me, so I don't know..   I know deer are too flighty but i was only thinking in terms of pure decoration.  It's the flipper in me lol.

I'm not too big of the look, just some nice comfy rugs for Astrid to walk on. That's what's really important. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2024 at 4:43 PM, FaT McMarlin said:

just curious if this amount of blizzards is normal.

I'm pretty sure it is :D. If it was just RNG, there would be at least one player, somewhere, who always has clear skies and positive temperatures and is wondering if the lack of snow in a game about snow is a bug 😁. So far I haven't heard of such a person... but one could very well exist somewhere ;).

• Upvote 2

On 3/19/2024 at 9:12 PM, conanjaguar said:

I'm pretty sure it is :D. If it was just RNG, there would be at least one player, somewhere, who always has clear skies and positive temperatures and is wondering if the lack of snow in a game about snow is a bug 😁. So far I haven't heard of such a person... but one could very well exist somewhere ;).

😂😂😂😂 I don't think those people exist either or they aren't playing the same game as the rest of us lol.

• Upvote 2

On 3/16/2024 at 10:43 PM, FaT McMarlin said:

Just wondering if it's my run or if this is normal for interloper. I'm still new to the difficulty and I just don't know.

I'm on day 213 and I'm going though blizzard 151. 

Is that normal? Am I getting bad RNG or does it appear like my weather is slightly buggy?

I'm not struggling at all to survive, just curious if this amount of blizzards is normal.

Thanks and cheers!

Yeah that's a normal amount, interloper has the highest value for blizzard frequency, so they are very common, happening at the least once every 3-4 days