Weird encounter with a wolf.

Kaisentlaia

This happened to me the other day (v.217) and I thought it was worth sharing. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, if not I'm sorry!

I'm living at trapper's homestead and I just went to harvest some rabbit snares in the nearby valley. As soon as I turned after the big rocks (those near the green barn thingy) I saw a wolf patrolling between me and home. I didn't want to fight so I went back and I climbed on the rocks to observe from a safe place. Then, this things happened:

• the wolf noticed me on top of the rocks, yelped and ran away (I guess that this wolfskin coat really works!)
  • it stopped near the hut and then it went back to patrolling
  • it noticed me again because I made a noise and it started running towards me barking and snarling (this surprised me, because it was really far from me! Must have been that raw rabbit meat)
  • it stopped on the side of the barn under the rock
  • it yelped again and ran over the hill past the hut

Since it ran very far I thought I was safe so I climbed down the rocks again (rabbit-valley side) and... there it was again! Near the barn, growling at me! Teleporting wolf anyone? Maybe there were two, but I never saw two wolves in that area and I guess I would have seen the second one from the top of the rocks.

Anyway this was really fun and made a simple harvesting trip more challenging. I like this new unpredictable wolf behaviour, well... apart from the teleport, that is. :lol:

I'm still playing with the same save, would the log be helpful anyway or does it reset whenever the client starts? It's a save from before v.200, I don't know if that matters. Let me know if you might need the logs, in the meantime here are a few screenshots I took during the encounter:

Still in the distance while I was climbing:

M80iPzR.jpg

After attacking me:

KM4P8jk.jpg

Running away yelping (second time):

nQkP8hu.jpg

Archived