Harvest Hides for cured leather

Shadox

It would be really cool if one could harvest Hides to get cured leather in return, to make the Aviators Hat more Interloper friendly without Beachcombing. I'd like to use that little bit more Windproofing with minimal less weight, but cured leather is pretty hard to come by unless one does alot of beachcombing. Aviators hat is a straight upgrade to the Rabbit Hat, and one of the few really good clothing Items for us Interlopers.

I imagine it could be something like this:

Cured Rabbit Hide - 1 Cured Leather

Cured Wolf/Deer Hide: 2-3 Cured Leather (especially the Wolf hides would finally have an use on lategame Interloper!)

Cured Bear/Moose Hide: 5 Cured Leather (not that harvesting those would make any sense, just for completion :D)

Im absolutely clueless on programming stuff, but i think this little QoL Feature shouldnd be overly complicated to implement :)

• Upvote 2

I think the yields you suggest are too high. I'd say 2 leathers from bear/moose, 1 from wolf/deer, zero from rabbit sounds about right.

But yes, there definitely ought to be an easier way to make new leather. Currently the only way is to craft a Moose Hide Satchel and break that down, which certainly is too expensive in terms of work time required.

• Upvote 1

I actually posted an idea about a tanning rack a while ago. I do believe there should be a more effective way to acquire cured leather compared to just walking across a frozen lake, waiting for something to drift ashore. 

• Upvote 2