harvesting bug

Even Dark

i got skill lvl 5 in carcass harvesting

quarter a deer takes now with skill lvl 5 1:30? or it is a bug

and if i harvesting a meat bag or a rabbit i need a tool first. hands are just working if i use a tool first to get me as example 0.5 kg meat then after this i can use my hands.

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.d96ee87e59466a4e7de776360c55da8c.jpg

Unbenannt2.thumb.jpg.908a54717795f3908f6e25604cf9e26c.jpg

Unbenannt3.thumb.jpg.3b128b893ed25e254d33cee7109f9a57.jpg

11 hours ago, Even Dark said:

and if i harvesting a meat bag or a rabbit i need a tool first. hands are just working if i use a tool first to get me as example 0.5 kg meat then after this i can use my hands.

This is intended, an incision must be made first, either by a tool or by a set of wolf teeth. It's explained in the latest release notes.

• 1 month later...

ok 1 month later :D....

if i take 1 piece of meat from a corpse i can get me after this all from hand.... so then if i have the meat i quarter the corpse...... (2 times using a tool)

if i quarter 1st and get me 7 meatbags i need to cut every meatbag? (8 times using a tool)

so meatbags should be work by hand the 1st cut is starting quartering...

ptamrigan - > 4 feather 2 Hours Oo 

Edited by Even Dark

42 minutes ago, Even Dark said:

ptamrigan - > 4 feather 2 Hours Oo 

See here for explanation of ptarmigan down harvesting. Spoiler: it's not 4 feathers, and 2 hours is not unreasonable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xanna said:

See here for explanation of ptarmigan down harvesting. Spoiler: it's not 4 feathers, and 2 hours is not unreasonable.

ok so not 4 feathers :D who say this 2 hours are not unreasonable :) 

a chicken if you put it short in hot boiled water tooks under 5 mins ;) to get all feathers (maybe a cocking version would be nice to have and lets dry the feathers then)

and a rabbit you can harvest after a little cut complete in under 20 minutes

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Even Dark said:

ok so not 4 feathers :D who say this 2 hours are not unreasonable :) 

a chicken if you put it short in hot boiled water tooks under 5 mins ;) to get all feathers (maybe a cocking version would be nice to have and lets dry the feathers then)

and a rabbit you can harvest after a little cut complete in under 20 minutes

Ah. My calculation of whether it's reasonable is based on comparisons to other things in the game, and the amount of benefit you get from the down. It's not based on comparisons to real-life. If we start doing that too much of TLD unravels. Harvesting times and stuff like that are based much more on game-balancing than realism, I expect.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, xanna said:

Ah. My calculation of whether it's reasonable is based on comparisons to other things in the game, and the amount of benefit you get from the down. It's not based on comparisons to real-life. If we start doing that too much of TLD unravels. Harvesting times and stuff like that are based much more on game-balancing than realism, I expect.

but it must make sense a little bit. a bear with 27kg + hide you can do this in around 3 hours with a knife.. a little ptarmigan has the same time :D or 2 rabbits. game balancing no, not really i see now different if they lower the time it just feels better

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Even Dark said:

but it must make sense a little bit. a bear with 27kg + hide you can do this in around 3 hours with a knife.. a little ptarmigan has the same time :D or 2 rabbits. game balancing no, not really i see now different if they lower the time it just feels better

I think the right answer would be to reduce the amount of down per bird, maybe 2 lots instead of 4. That way it's about an hour per bird, which feels a bit more realistic, reduce the amount of complaints, and it also makes getting to the improvised insulation and down bedroll take longer, which is good as they're a bit OP.