Keyboard Compatibility On PS4

Nikikeya

I recently learned that you can hook up certain blue tooth enabled keyboards to the PS4 to use, but I don't know if the games have to have coding to allow them to work with it. 

It would be a nice option what with keymapping for greater control of the game. 

In my own case its not even that I want to use it in place of the controller for gameplay, but rather to have the option to enable it to help in the journal with note making, as trying to write memos in game with a controller is so tedious I've avoided using it, making notes on my pc instead. 

Edited by Nikikeya

It sounds more like something to discuss with Sony... perhaps there is a mechanism for that (or perhaps there could be), but that seems more specific to the hardware platform.  If done at Sony's end... then controller/keyboard keymapping would just be a feature of the platform rather than dependent on patches from every single game's developer.

It's a wonderful suggestion, please don't get me wrong... 
I just think maybe it's a wishlist item for Sony rather than Hinterland.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
More specifically for the writing portion in the journal (and I admit I forgot about that bit when I was initially typing up a response)... That's a really good question.  I'm not sure where that input linkage would need to be done. 🤔 I would expect that any place where the PlayStation's keyboard would work for entering text, that the same would be true whether in-game or not.  

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1