Birch Bark in The Far Territories...?

AdamvR

I hope there will be some areas in the coming 2 regions, with a birch forest to be able to collect birch bark.
Neither in Transit Pass, nor in Forsaken Airfield have I found such a place, and seeing the barren landscape of the Zone of Contamination Artwork published to date, I'm not feeling entirely reassured it would be any easier soon... There are some rich places for birch bark in FM, BI and lower Milton as well, (the closest to TFT); but the trek all the way back through the chasm/tunnels/BR seems a bit "stretched" to me, for such a simple (but very useful) resource.
If there are in fact birch bark fields in TFT, which I might have missed or forgotten about, would be happy if someone gave a hint about them:)
Thank You!

Edited by AdamvR
clarity
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 4:21 PM, AdamvR said:

seeing the barren landscape of the Zone of Contamination Artwork published to date, I'm not feeling entirely reassured it would be any easier soon...

There is SO MUCH birch bark in ZoC, in one place very close to a base, too.

Not sure if Harvestable Plant Availability affects birch bark seeing as bark works so differently from eg rosehips, but if it does, I have it turned way down, I have availability of everything turned as low as poss. If it's tied to blizzards, the blizzard setting for my ZoC run is on low, too. So if I'm getting loads, everyone will get loads.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, xanna said:

There is SO MUCH birch bark in ZoC, in one place very close to a base, too.

Not sure if Harvestable Plant Availability affects birch bark seeing as bark works so differently from eg rosehips, but if it does, I have it turned way down, I have availability of everything turned as low as poss. If it's tied to blizzards, the blizzard setting for my ZoC run is on low, too. So if I'm getting loads, everyone will get loads.

Yep, I've noticed that those areas in ZoC are particularly "fruitful", kinda making up for the lack of it in FA.
Some are pretty close to the transition cave, so convenient trip.
(once you solved the first true MAZE inside - I loved it:))

• Upvote 1