Performance issue with 2.23

yoli

Since I updated to 2.23 today (Windows 10, Steam), my graphic card (nvidia 2080 RTX) is running its fan at full speed, which was not the case with the previous version, knowing I didn't change any graphical settings. It looks like this new version of TLD is much more taxing on the GPU than it used to be, anyone else experiencing this?

On 10/7/2023 at 1:56 PM, The long walk said:

win 11 nvida rtx 3060 having the same prob, support said try turning V-Sync on in game options in game. did not work for me

Thanks for the feedback. Turning vsync on to improve perfs... that's usually the opposite ;) They may have no idea what's going on.

I'm having problems with framerate, too. Linux via Steam, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050. Unless I do a workaround, I get FPS less than 10, with or without V-Sync, which is unplayable.

I was having problems before the 2.23 update but it got worse afterwards. Before the update I had shoddy framerate but I could fix it by switching TLD to a low display resolution then switching it back again. Since the update, the same trick works but I have to change it to low res, exit out of my game, exit out of TLD, then restart TLD and switch it back to higher res.

There was something in the 2.23 update about changes to display resolution not 'sticking':

On 9/26/2023 at 4:45 PM, Admin said:

Fixed an issue where the display resolution would not correctly update after changing it multiple times.

Whatever they did it didn't help me, rather the opposite. Ah well.

I've had framerate issues before a few times and an Nvidia update has fixed it so I never reported it. I was hoping this would just go away too which is why I haven't said anything till now. This time it seems to be hanging around; I've had an Nvidia driver update since 2.23 came out and it didn't help.