Brightness Inside Building Not Matching Brightness Outside

Spottdrossel

I think there is some small issue with interiors not matching exteriors. However, The houses windows are frosted due to all the snow, and Northern Canadian houses tend to be fairly dark when no lights are on even in the daytime. Even my house on the Island here gets fairly dark in the winter sun with no lights on.

Jeremy

I think there is some small issue with interiors not matching exteriors. However, The houses windows are frosted due to all the snow, and Northern Canadian houses tend to be fairly dark when no lights are on even in the daytime. Even my house on the Island here gets fairly dark in the winter sun with no lights on.

Jeremy

I thank you for your tireless effort to respond to the posts we make, but sometimes your answers leave me puzzled.

I'm not sure if the behaviour I reported is unintended or not: You just confirmed that there might be an issue, yet you also said that's the way it actually happens in Canada.

I also don't know if this will be addressed or not: If it is an issue it will probably receive some attention, on the other hand it might be too unimportant (I don't find it very important myself) to spend resources on in the current phase of development.

This often leaves me wondering if it is at all worth to report such issues, seeing that I don't really know anything more than I did before writing here and I still think what I'm experiencing is a problem and should be different.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really liked the way Dave Chan handled bug reports (assigning a ticket number and moving them once they were finished or found to be duplicates / intended behaviour) and I find this "informal" way of handling less helpful.

No hard feelings, though.

Sometimes I confuse myself in the morning.

The issue I was thinking of was one that came up a while back that might be coming back, which is if it's night outside it should be pitch black inside, but sometimes the interiors keep the day lighting even though it's night.

The reason I don't assign numbers to the bugs anymore is because we changed our bug tracking system when I was hired and the numbers got all messed up so I just started replying to peoples posts a bit informal I suppose. Sorry If it's not entirely helpful. I'm not the best morning person so my answers in the morning can probably be a bit wacky.

Anyways, yea to clear up what I originally said. There was a bug that caused interiors to not match the exterior lighting, it may have come back.

I also had the opposite:

Inside it was brighter than outside even a couple of hours after the time display changed to "X Hours of Darkness left".

Happened in V.215

That was what I was addressing, should quoted in the first reply.

The first thing you said

Inside a building in Coastal Townsite it was really dark despite bright sunshine outside.

This one I was just saying that it's normal for a house to be dark during the day without lights, especially when the windows are frosted/snow covered.

Jeremy

Archived