The Agony of Fading Into the Long Dark

Chaos Theory

Such a fun run. After becoming an apex predator and having my way with Great Bear Island, I became bored and deiced to go hit Timberwolf Mountain. Reaching the top with no  map help was exhilarating,  my Survivor was stacked... no stopping him. When I reached the summit, I needed rest, and without thinking slept for 12 hours, something I never do outdoors. BAM, dead. So brutal. 

I know other survivors out there must go through agony when they commit stupid simple mistakes after one of their best games ever. It hurts. 

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

Oof... sorry, mate. One of those "alright, never do that again" moments. I have a few myself. It hurts but it makes this game really tense and I love it!

I'll be sure to pay my respects to your survivor's frozen remains next time I pass by (maybe I'll search his pockets too if you don't mind).

Good luck with the next one!

• Upvote 1

Screwing up and sleeping someplace unsafe is my usual cause of interloper death.  Sure, the timber wolves get me sometimes, but they can't beat how easy it is to just start clicking and fall asleep for too long someplace like the mountaineers hut, or the little "annex" next to the BR maintenance shed.

These places are a little tricky, because if you have good clothes (like 25C and above), you get used to sleeping there with impunity.  Then the next run where you have sneakers, jeans, a sweater, and a parka, you just click-click-click and BOOM dead.

• Upvote 1