Anomaly with Cooking (not Frontier Cooking)

UTC-10

Regular cooking seems bugged now.  Aside from the fairly long standing issue that raw venison was shown to have 900 calories (incorrect) rather than 800 calories (correct). 

I am Cooking Level 5 so would get 25% more calories which was true except for venison since the base raw calories was wrong (as noted).  

Noticed (this is for venison cooked after the 2.20 update):

Cooked standard (kilo) sized venison and when initially picked up will show they have 1,000 calories.  When placed on the floor or taken into inventory, their calories revert to 800 calories (original Level 1 outcome).  

More serious, depending on one's view, sub-kilo pieces of cooked venison would upsize in weight and calories as if they were now kilo sized pieces.  I had a raw piece of venison with 46 calories get cooked, put to one side since why mix such a tiny piece with the large pieces, and found in its place a kilogram sized piece of cooked venison with 800 calories.  

I just checked.  Venison that had been cooked prior to the 2.20 update seemed to retain its calorie content, i.e., if it was 1,000 calories then it remained 1,000 calories,  even if taken into inventory it did not change.  

• Upvote 2

I'm also getting both of  these issues. I have cooking level 5 and all recently cooked items are showing level 1 calories. This seems to apply to teas, meat, and the new cooked dishes. It will show the correct (level 5) calorie value when you first take it off the fire, but as soon as it is in your inventory it changes to level 1 calories. Things cooked prior to the 2.21 update retain their correct calorie value.

I've also noticed the issue with pieces of meat <1kg changing to 1kg after being cooked. When I pick it up from the fire it shows <1kg, but when I then look at it in my inventory it has changed to 1kg. For me I noticed it when cooking small pieces of ptarmigan (leftover from making broth) on a camp fire and also on a skillet on a stove. I hadn't checked to see if it was happening with other types of meat yet, but sounds like it may be. 

I'm playing a vanilla Stalker game on Steam, with the 2.21 update. I updated 2.20 and 2.21 together so I don't know if these issues are from the 2.20 or 2.21 update.

I lodged a bug report about the meat changing weight today.

Edited by Retro Seamstress