Interloper 500 Days

Dalos

yes, i realize that 500 days isn't that long. Truthfully, I'm 5000+ hours into the game and had innumerable Loper runs. I've typically ended them all around 200-250 days out of sheer boredom. There's just not much to do once you get cooking, hunting and fishing 5. There's no point putting your life in danger around timberwolves where you could actually die.

image.thumb.png.7e32afb8630394ed07cc6975030a02d1.png

• Upvote 1

but yeah, there's my 500. I started a new run when they made the airfield update bc I thought it would be a decent challenge, and it kind of was. I played half the game doing the usual stuff on island and then went to the Airfield. That is a very very long walk in the dark  to get there. I closed out my run with 275+ days at the airfield which was an ok challenge.

Couple hints to surviving the airfield. The cave below the island is really the only viable home for long term living. There's two fishing huts nearby and the cabin up top is good for collecting firewood, warming back up and then heading out again.

I didn't bring a hammer so never had to use the forge. I think i started with 10 arrows and ended with 7. I just kept going back to the airfield to make more. There's plenty of scrap metal  and cloth there too. I also got a simple tool kit there so i only had to repair my hacksaw.

Every time I thought i would run out of food, I got a new bear to kill. Average a new one every 40 days or so. There were a few tricky moments where i either had to journey beyond the frozen lake to kill some deer and wolves. The weather is ALWAYS freezing. I don't think i ever got a day where I didn't get the 2 arrows down in the cold, and that's with two bearskin coats, all animal clothing, two good sweaters, etc.

I never starved, not even for one day on my run. There's just so many cattails around. I still have over 100 of them.

I got a little nervous with this latest update that my save would be lost so i hurried through the last 30 days. I almost ran out of cooked food bc hut fishing was bugged. It still seems funky bc even at fishing 5 with lures and bait i am only getting a fish every 3 hours.

image.thumb.png.9487a07414e7e3862136b331d20f5659.png

last post. Here's my "home" below the island.

I just like the randomness of starting new runs. The first 100 days are really the most exciting. Once you get past that, at least on Loper, there isn't much to worry about except for falling off a cliff or stepping on a hot cable (which i have totally done)

Long term survival wishlist:

1. Get some updates for long term players. Make skills levels go to 10 and make them more incremental.

2. Topped out Sewing skill should be able to repair ruined clothing

3. A more challenging "official" mode than Interloper. Yes, I've played deadman and did the 30 day challenge a few times. It's cool to see how long you can make it beyond that but since it's not official, no stats are kept so it is hard and demotivating to track.

anyway, great game. The best $10 I have ever spent.

image.thumb.png.841ea74a767c579efc5238bf9fa70541.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1