TFTFT - Transmitter Repair Problem/Question (Spoilers)

Hello all.

Something odd is happening as I repair the transmitters. I've done the ones in the Airfield, Mountain Town and Forlorn muskeg. 

I then decided to do the one in Desolation Point because it's so far off the beaten path I didn't want to end up there when I was all done. However I'm here and when I fix the transmitter and turn it on, nothing happens. No objective is added or checked off.

Are we not allowed to repair them in any order we want? Did I just waste a huge journey out here and instead should have gone to Pleasant Valley first? :( I don't want to continue until I know what's up.

Thanks so much!

EDIT: Added photo. This is what my quest log looks like. It doesn't mention anything about Desolation Point but there is definitely a transmitter here. I'm confused. And I can't investigate any signals until all are fixed or so I read.

20230516154129_1.jpg

Edited by Sherri

The Transmitter in Desolation Point isn't required for the tale, and doesn't progress it. The transmitter in Desolation point is one of two that don't progress the tale, I don't know the location of the second.

All of the transmitters listed under the objectives for the tale in your log are required to progress, but can be done in any order. 

Though I believe the optional transmitters will still allow you to find points of interest with the secondary mode of the transceiver in their respective regions.

Hope this helps! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Smellyfries said:

The Transmitter in Desolation Point isn't required for the tale, and doesn't progress it. The transmitter in Desolation point is one of two that don't progress the tale, I don't know the location of the second.

All of the transmitters listed under the objectives for the tale in your log are required to progress, but can be done in any order. 

Though I believe the optional transmitters will still allow you to find points of interest with the secondary mode of the transceiver in their respective regions.

Hope this helps! 

OMG... 😭 

Well thank you for the info. I guess I just did a long trip for the love of sight-seeing. 😆🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

I updated the fandom.com wiki to make a note that the transmitters in Desolation Point and Black rock are not needed for the Signal Void tale. :coffee:

Good thing I found a box of rifle bullets out here to make the trip worthwhile. :hatchet:

Edited by Sherri
  • Upvote 2