Improved Fishing predictions

Glacia

One of the upcoming features in the roadmap it's the improved fishing system, quoted from the site:

The current system, expanded and made more interesting.

Im curious about what HTL it's gonna do with fishing, but i think it's gonna be something like beachcombing. Fishing isn't a bad system on their own for pure survival reasons, actually it's very efficient, safe and effective source of food.

However most players never fish at all, just because it's boring and uninteractive.

A lot of things can be doed to make the system more fun and dynamic, but those are my predictions for the upcoming changes:

Cloth, Socks, Shoes, Leather and maybe other basic resources as loot during fishing. Every game with fishing system have the usual clutter rewards like socks, trash, rocks or other minor items, which makes sense. In TLD the 'clutter' items are actually usefull, for a example even a very rare drop of ruined shoes and socks let a TWM player have a renewable source of otherwise non-avaliable items on that region.

- More variety of fish, and likely related to enchanced cooking.

- More ways to fish, like new manufactured fishing lines (Already avaliable for years on the game files) or baits to improve the % of fishing.

- A very rare bottle or other item with a hidden message inside. Once read, you can go to a hidden location with special loot, working like a memento but related to fishing loot. Unlikely anyways.

I don't think fishing needs a lot of things to be fun, but im pretty sure a fresh-system could encourage more players to use fishing.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to be able to find an Auger as loot, and be able to drill holes in the ice anywhere to fish. The % success rate should be quite variable - all the way down to 0%, even. Would cost a fair amount of energy to drill, comparable to a rope climb? Never mind the potential for freezing while fishing out in the open...

Ice fishing on the open ice is a very normal winter pastime here in the Great White North. But it definitely gets very cold just sitting out in the open on the ice! It could be a great mechanic which shouldn't be hard at all to balance out.

Edited by Kranium