Has anyone tried...

SlippedGear

:coffee::fire::coffee:

23 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

the Admins made the following announcement:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Adding Interloper to TALES

[removing text for brevity] ...we understood that you didn’t really mind if the experience would be a massive struggle with little reward. You just wanted that option.

So, after careful consideration, we have decided to introduce the “Signal Void” Tale to Interloper, with some modifications designed to preserve game balance for that specific Experience Mode: 

• Bunkers will be adjusted to provide less loot on Interloper.
  • The final Bunker will still contain a couple of rare items, but adjusted for Interloper. 

[removing text for brevity]
...We plan to release these changes in the next week, so you should have access to the Tale very soon. Keep an eye out for the official release notes! "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tales From the Far Territory: Signal Void  -  Coming soon to Interloper. 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I recently did ATDS for the first time. While I didn't attempt to go to FA, I did get lucky with a well stocked prepper bunker in Forlorn Muskeg. I was surprised as I thought ATDS was on Interloper settings. I got snow boots, old fashioned parka, bunch of food, etc.. Enough to keep me from instantly freezing outside. I went to Spencer's and made an improvised hatchet for better wolf protection. Turns out I didn't need to as I ended up picking up several normal hatchets along the way. While I didn't see any firearms, I did see gun cleaning kits, which I thought was a bit weird. I assumed that ATDS is more Interloper-ish. Though I encountered a definite bug after visiting the Ravine basin. I climbed back up the rope and encountered 2 deer, which definitely weren't there before. Then when I slept I noticed I was starting to recover health. Birch bark tea also turned up in the crafting menu. Reported the bug. Reloaded the game and the deer were gone and I was no longer recovering health, though birch bark tea was still showing in the menu. Decided to keep going on to the last grave near The Riken. Realised my game was definitely still bugged as I didn't see or hear a single wolf (or any other wildlife) from the Ravine all the way to The Riken (reported that too). I'm now wondering if my game was bugged from the start and that prepper bunker shouldn't have been stocked and I shouldn't have been finding regular hatchets. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Retro Seamstress said:

I recently did ATDS for the first time. While I didn't attempt to go to FA, I did get lucky with a well stocked prepper bunker in Forlorn Muskeg. I was surprised as I thought ATDS was on Interloper settings. I got snow boots, old fashioned parka, bunch of food, etc.. Enough to keep me from instantly freezing outside. I went to Spencer's and made an improvised hatchet for better wolf protection. Turns out I didn't need to as I ended up picking up several normal hatchets along the way. While I didn't see any firearms, I did see gun cleaning kits, which I thought was a bit weird. I assumed that ATDS is more Interloper-ish. Though I encountered a definite bug after visiting the Ravine basin. I climbed back up the rope and encountered 2 deer, which definitely weren't there before. Then when I slept I noticed I was starting to recover health. Birch bark tea also turned up in the crafting menu. Reported the bug. Reloaded the game and the deer were gone and I was no longer recovering health, though birch bark tea was still showing in the menu. Decided to keep going on to the last grave near The Riken. Realised my game was definitely still bugged as I didn't see or hear a single wolf (or any other wildlife) from the Ravine all the way to The Riken (reported that too). I'm now wondering if my game was bugged from the start and that prepper bunker shouldn't have been stocked and I shouldn't have been finding regular hatchets. 

Normal hatchets and firearm cleaning kits sound like a bug. When the tales were just released I found a revolver in one of the mementum caches. Later there was a post from hinterland saying that all the non-interloper items were removed. I checked, the revolver was gone. Bugs are one of the reasons I've been putting out my trip to the airfields too